Product Dynamics have been providing our students with a hard copy student planner for many years and has developed a very positive relationship with the College. Product Dynamics have been a leader in delivering student planners to schools across Victoria for over 20 years.
At the beginning of 2011 the College approached Product Dynamics and asked them to consider designing a digital custom version of our student planner. As Marcellin is a 1:1 laptop school we believe it is time that this resource is also used as a planning device. Interestingly many other schools had made the same request of the company.
Towards the end of last year we informed the community that the College would implement a digital student planner in 2013.
The new Digital student planner has the following features:
- Our College's information, Calendar dates and weekly Catholic gospel content are included.
- Each day can be customized for each individual student’s timetable.
- Key homework or assessments tasks are interactive.
- Multiple calendar views – daily, weekly and monthly.
- Everything in one place – diary, homework book, due dates and student planner.
- Provision for parents to enter notes, feedback which are tamper proof.
- Each student will have their own site license (token code) and the digital diary will be saved locally on their laptop therefore not requiring an internet connection, making the planner accessible at all times.
During the first two days of 2013 all students will participate in orientation sessions, with some including education on how to set up their customized digital planner on their laptops. We encourage all parents to sit down with their son/s and regularly check and review homework completion, due dates etc.
In addition to this we encourage parents to read the School Information section of the 2013 digital planner to fully understand the College’s processes, policies and expectations.